I had commented in an Opera-hosted blog where a University student reported his pleasure that his new cell phone plays HE-AAC. Ever the busy body, I offered a heads up on the new Nero encoder.
An emailed reply held surprises: 1) he favors using version 1 of HE-AAC and 2) he uses LAME MP3 for archiving music. That he preferred command line encoders to something like MediaCoder must be considered as being Opera user behavior. (Mind you, I've had occasion to wish to take up with Opera again, but the fact that many of the coolest Web 2.0 apps don't work with it prevents defection.)
That first is bizarre, but perhaps shows that people aren't all that fussy about how their music on mobile devices sounds. But, the real surprise is that someone technologically savvy would toss aside the future-proofing FLAC provides. No matter what audio codec may hold sway in some years time, I know that my FLAC files will be readily converted along with their tags.
No comments:
Post a Comment